« Previous step: Creating your sources
You should already have created your three sources in the previous step, Creating your sources. You can technically insert your bibliography with no sources — the automatic bibliography field will then display the message: There are no sources in the current document.
In this post:
Select the Bibliography placeholder heading and insert the bibliography (the bibliography heading will be replaced by the Bibliography field which includes the appropriate heading). Remember it is a field so you must update it if you make any changes to your sources.
- Activate the References tab
- Confirm the selection of the APA style
- Click on the Bibliography button
- Select the first option: Bibliography
- The field with the Bibliography heading (which will be style Heading 1 by default) will be inserted
- The Source entries will be included, in the correct APA format
- The Update Citations and Bibliography button must be used if sources are added, edited or deleted.
If you had already inserted your bibliography when you created your Phase 1 report outline it will appear as per the screenshot below and you must just update it. Click on the Bibliography field and then click the Update Citations and Bibliography tab:
Next step: Evaluating research sources for your PAT »