This question pops up quite regularly in assessments: how to set the “Hidden” attribute on the selected text. We have all had the white-text-on-a-white-background fun in Word and HTML — haven’t we? Well, this is another way to “hide” stuff.
The text will be visible when your Show/Hide is on Show and disappear when you switch to Hide.
- Make a text selection
- Select the Home ribbon
- Open the Font dialogue window
- Select the Hidden option on the Font tab
- Click the OK button
When you have Show/Hide on Show the text will have a fine dotted line beneath it.
This manual approach is naturally time-consuming. A more advanced method for discovering Hidden Text — and removing it — is to use the Document Inspector:
- Navigate to the Info section of the File menu
- Select Inspect Document from the Check for Issues option to…
- … open the Document Inspector
- Select the Hidden Text option
- Click the Inspect button
- Results (if any) will be displayed
- Click the Remove All button
- Click the Close button