A really easy addition to any Microsoft Access database application is a Splash Screen that opens automatically when the database is opened.
- Create a new, blank form
- Save the form as frmSplash
- Add labels, graphics etc to your form using the relevant controls
Set the properties of the form as follows:
- Format Tab
- Default View: Single Form
- Auto Center: Yes
- Border Style:
- Other Tab
- Pop Up: Yes
- Select File >> Options
- Select the Current Database section
- Select frmSplash from the Display Form dropdown.
- Click the OK button
Close and re-open your database to see your Splash Screen in action!
To get your Splash Screen to close automatically after elapsed time:
- Activate the Event tab of the property sheet for frmSplash
- Enter a value of 3000 for the Timer Interval
- Click in the On Timer event and click on the 3 dots on the right & select the Macro Builder option
- The Macro Tools Design tab will now open
- Click in the Add New Action dropdown & select the CloseWindow option
- Set the object Type to Form
- Select frmSplash from the Object Name
- and set the Save option to No
Of course, if you have a menu for your application then you can adapt the above process so that the Splash Screen is closed and the menu is opened.