You can do a huge amount of work in your PAT Phase 1 report before you even have your Topic: the format of the PAT remains almost 100% consistent from year-to-year!
Each year, with very little change, the following pages and headings will be necessary – go ahead and create them (remember to use Styles to format them: the numbered headings should be Heading 1 & the bulleted items should be Heading 2). Each heading should be on a new page.
- (Cover page)
- (Table of Contents)
- Table of Figures
- Focus Question
- Task Definition
- Addendum A: Research Questions (with table)
- Addendum B: Summaries (10 level 3 headings, linked to questions in Research Questions table)
- Addendum C: Source details (with 3 tables)
- Addendum D: Evaluation of Sources (with 3 tables)
- Addendum E: Learner Declaration of Authenticity (with details completed)
- Addendum F: Folder structure screenshot
Even before you have your topic or any content you can have a document with a Table of Contents similar to the one pictured below:
The Grade 10 Learner Guide for 2020 specifies that you create your Table Of Contents manually using tabs with leader lines. If you use the automatic Table Of Contents instead, you must ensure that you demonstrate the skill of creating tabs with leader lines elsewhere to fulfil the PAT requirement.