You have already captured your questionnaire data in Excel. Rather than re-type the data, we will simply use Access’ handy import feature. Please read the post on Access’ Import Excel spreadsheet function to better understand how the names of your Excel columns are treated by Access.
Create a new, blank Microsoft Access Database. Remember to name your database file meaningfully!
- Select the External Data menu
- Left-click on the Excel button
- Browse to your Phase 2 Excel workbook
- The default option Import the source data into a new table in the current database is the correct option
- Left-click on OK.
Now that you have your Raw data in a table, make a copy of that table and name it tblReponses.
Open tblResponses in Design View and edit the properties of the various fields as appropriate.
The Learner Guide specifies:
- All fields must have appropriate, meaningful names.
- All fields contain single data units (e.g. separate fields for Name and Surname)
- All text fields must be set to appropriate sizes.
- There must be at least one appropriate/meaningful validation rule and validation text.
- There must be at least one appropriate/meaningful list/combo box.
- There must be at least one appropriate/meaningful input mask.
You need to create a set of Queries
How about adding a “Splash Screen” form as a showstopper for your PAT?