A really easy addition to any Microsoft Access database application is a Display Form, or what is commonly referred to as a Splash Screen that opens automatically when the database is opened. A Splash Screen is what appears when you open almost any application, for example, Microsoft Word.
- Open your database and create a new, blank form
- Save the form as frmSplash
- Add labels and graphics etc to your form using the relevant controls
Set the properties of the form as follows:
- Format Tab
- Default View: Single Form
- Auto Center: Yes
- Border Style:
- Other Tab
- Pop Up: Yes
To implement your Splash Screen:
- Select File » Options
- Select the Current Database section
- Select frmSplash from the Display Form dropdown.
- Add an Application Title while you are at it
- Click the OK button
Close and re-open your database to see your Splash Screen in action!
To get your Splash Screen to close automatically after elapsed time:
- Activate the Event tab of the property sheet for frmSplash
- Enter a value of 3000 for the Timer Interval
- Click in the On Timer event and click on the 3 dots on the right & select the Macro Builder option
- The Macro Tools Design tab will now open
- Click in the Add New Action dropdown & select the CloseWindow option
- Set the object Type to Form
- Select frmSplash from the Object Name
- and set the Save option to No
Of course, if you have a menu for your application then you can adapt the above process so that the Splash Screen is closed and your menu is opened.
For another stylish option, read the post Add an Application Icon to your Access database application