This one had me for a while and I wondered if it were even possible: how do you re-create the “matching items”-type questions from formal assessments (Matric finals included) when creating a Google Form Quiz? The following is a workable — but not pretty — solution.
- Create a multiple-choice column type question in a Microsoft Word document in table form the way you normally would and then screenshot the table.
- Create a “Multiple-choice grid”-type question in the Google Form.
- Past the screenshot into the Google Form questions image option.
- Add the question numbers as rows (1, 2, 3, etc) and the answer options as columns (A, B, C, etc).
- Set options for the question.
As you can see from the above screenshot, a question with a large number of options does not fit into the narrow width of a Google Form which results in horizontal scrolling.
Don’t forget the final, critical setting: set the question options to “Require a response in each row” as well as “Limit to one response per column“.